Welcome to the website of Dr. David Henthorn at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology in Terre Haute, IN, USA.
For our Data Portal (accessible to approved users), click here.
Research and Teaching Interests
Our lab studies:
- Modernization of industrial control systems and other critical infrastructure
- Next generation instrumentation and equipment for processs automation
- Applications of data science to chemical processes
- Improving human-machine interactions (augmented reality, voice assistants, etc.)
I also collaborate with individuals on food research, including:
- Heat and mass transfer in coffee roasting and extraction
- The science and engineering of chocolate.
For more information on our research projects, see Projects and Tools
Talks and Lectures
Some upcoming talks:
- A Hands-On, Project-Driven Course In Process Analytics At Rose-Hulman, AIChE Annual Meeting, November 10, 2021.
Some recent talks:
- Educating the Next Generation on the Challenges of Securing Critical Infrastructure, Purdue CERIAS Seminars, 2021. YouTube Link.
- Bridging the Gap: Getting the Dam Engineers and the Flippin’ Cybersecurity People Talking, Circle City Con, 2021.
- Illuminating the Dark Data of Critical Infrastructure, InfluxDays EMEA, 2021. Youtube Link.
- Colonial Pipeline Ransomware Incident - Panel Discussion with Sid Stamm (CSSE) and Greg Neumann (CHE), Rose-Hulman, 2021.
- X-Time Talks: The Science and Engineering of Chocolate, X-Time Lectures, 2021.
- Challenges in Securing Critical Infrastructure, Guest lecture for UW Madison Graduate Class on Cybersecurity, 2020.
- The Science and Engineering of Chocolate, Rose-Hulman Alumni Talks (with K. Henthorn), 2020. Youtube Link
- Digital Transformation of the Unit Operations Lab, AIChE Annual Conference (online), 2020.
- Cloud Historians for Online Lab Education, AIChE Education Forum Virtual Community (online), 2020.
- Academic Hub and the Unit Operations Lab, PI World (San Francisco, CA), 2019.